For those of you who aren't up to date in the fashion world, this is Tim Gunn who appears on Project Runway. One of my favorite phrases of his is when he enters the work room and says, "Hello designers!"
This phrase was running through my head all day today, as Roger and I rubbed shoulders with some of the best designers in L.A./Hollywood.
My aunt Anne works for F.I.D.M (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). She is the Chair of Textiles. This week, they had a gallery opening for all the movie costumes of 2007. Some of the costumes from the movies featured were Marie Antoinette , Sweeney Todd, Enchanted, Harry Potter, Nancy Drew, 300, La Vie en Rose, Blades of Glory, Beowolf, Atonement, Golden Compass, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Stardust, 3:10 to Yuma, Hairspray, Across the Universe, and others I had never heard of. Not only were there students of design and fashion at the opening, but there were many of the top teachers and designers. We went around with my aunt and met to Dean, the Director of the gallery, the guy that had to have someone personally call Johnny Depp to see if they could borrow HIS Sweeney Todd outfit (I guess he keeps all his costumes). We also met some really old man named Michael Novaries who used to design Hollywood gowns back in the day. It was a pretty awesome event. We totally loved the swankiness of the whole evening. We tried to dress the part, but we weren't nearly outlandish enough. Here are some pics.
Here is Roger, GQ-ing it. Isn't he SO good looking? I am SO lucky!
Here is my pose. Andrea, some top fashion designer, I'm sure, commented on my shirt tonight and said how great it was and how it brought out my blue eyes! Thanks!
We totally fit in to the L.A. fashion scene!
We had a little time to kill so we went down to the Santa Monica Pier.

She's your favorite and ours....Dolores Umbridge!!!! That is THE VERY COSTUME she wore! Awesome!
On the left we have the outfit that Tonks wears and on the right is Sirius Black. This was almost unreal.
Now prepare yourselves.....
Here are two death-eaters (the one on the right is Lucius Malfoy, sorry if you didn't know he was a death-eater), and in the middle is the freakingly scary costume of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It was almost like we were meeting these people in person....they just didn't have heads. (Except for the death-eaters. Creepy.)

Here are the costumes from Sweeney Todd. The person that set these up even splattered red paint on the back wall and on the floor to make it look like blood. On the left is Johnny Depp's costume and the front right is Helen Bonham Carter.
Here is the swankiness of this event. A huge tent was set up with food and drinks. They had mini burgers, garlic and sweet potato fries, curry dishes, polenta pizzas, and lots of other great food!


This really was an event to remember. Aunt Anne said that we can go back up in a week or so and she'll let us in after hours so we can get some better pictures up close. We can't wait!
6 comments:
Ummm, okay/ 1st of all, that shirt IS awesome!! Second, I am way jelous! That looks like it was way too much fun!
miss u.
Nice tie, Rog.
Anne, you look like a million bucks.
Lucious Malfoy is a DeathEater! Don't worry, the whole world knows. And if they didn't know by now, they don't care enough for it to bother them.
Oh, and I'm jealous and want to come visit you. And I might actually do it. Don't think I won't.
I love you roger. And by default I love you wife too. Someday I will love you both in person.
So much fun...after the Garth Brooks concert we drove by the FIDM building. I asked Scott what it was thinking it had something to do with the old First Interstate Bank..he looked at me like "duh" and then told me what it was. Anne, that shirt is beautiful...so chic, you do fit in in LA!
1. Seriously rockin shirt.
2. Every single time I watch the fifth Harry Potter I think about how Umbridge's outfit is actually rather stylish. Nice to see I'm in good company ... :)
Post a Comment