We went to a really amazing used bookstore the other day. It is called Bookmans. For those living in Arizona, go check it out NOW! I felt so overwhelmed in this store because I didn't know where to start. I would love to have some suggestions! Please leave a comment and let me know what books YOU are reading! (Please leave out all college text books. I am very much done with that part of my life.) I am pretty open to any genre of book. I do really like mysteries though.
Also, if you would like, you can leave the name of a book I can read to Miles. We have some really great ones, but we would love to find some new ones.
Thanks for your help!
8 comments:
I love young adult fiction, so I REALLY think you should read The Hunger Games. I loved it. Very good.
Get Skippy John Jones for your boy. That book cracks me up!
We love to read Click Clack Moo. It was one of Carollyn's favorites.
I forgot you like mysteries! Have you read any Rex Stout? They're detective novels, but also pretty funny.
Read the mistborn series by brandon sanderson. So good!
Elantris. by Brandon Sanderson. It is science fiction/fantasy but has quite a bit of mystery in it.
There are so many!!
This last summer I read East of Eden by John Steinbeck (it was so amazing!
I would also recommend:
The History of Love -Nicole Krauss
Other Voices, Other Rooms- Capote
Breakfast at Tiffany's -Capote
Franny and Zooey -J.D. Salenger (may he rest in peace-all of his books are great.. i think you might like this or 9 Stories the most)
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close- Jonathan Safran Foer
My Name is Asher Lev -Chaim Potok
ALSO: you should become my friend at www.goodreads.com :)
Lastly, I know your boy is little tiny still- but my mama read me The Box Car Children and To Kill a Mockingbird. (I LOVED them!)
I really like Mary Higgins Clark books. I think that for Miles you should get the "How to Be a Cow" book that you gave me when I had Connor. That is one of Connor's favorites and Ethan is really loving it too. I have that memorized, I actually think that I could say it backwards.
Seconding the goodreads comment. Add me as a friend--though I don't have many of my favorites, I still have some good books.
Post a Comment