
I want you to take a moment and pull all of those camp memories to the front of your minds. If any have been suppressed for any reason, lets leave those alone. But think of all the fun memories. If anything sticks out as your most fun camp memory, will you pass it along to me? Not all will apply because they are probably most memorable because of the people involved, as are most of mine (like the one to left of Jazzie and I), but I really just need any help I can get. Thanks so much!
4 comments:
I loved having testimony meetings around the campfire, having daily devotionals in nature, and going on overnighter hikes (during my 3rd and I think 4th years). It was fun just hanging out with the girls in my stake and doing the different girls camp requirements. Silly sing-alongs and skit nights were also favorites!
I hope this helps and you have a great time at camp!
I loved the faith walks we did every year. They were the night before bishops came I believe. Some of the YCLs would prepare special talks, songs, etc-mini presentations around the camp ground, one time is was centered around the YW value colors and women of the church who exercised them-like someone who had great faith, obtained great knowledge, etc. The rest of the YCLs led us girls holding hands in a chain, through the woods to each presentation, it was dark, and we had to be reverent, then afterwards we had maybe a larger presentation and a testimony meeting, another year instead of values, they did Lehi's dream about the tree of life, and they told the story as they kinda led us through it.
I love camp...so I could go on and on, but I'll give you one more idea: the last time I went our theme was Oil in our Lamps. I was a YCL and the girls spent the week obtaining olive oil in little cute wedding bubble containers (the plain white ones you know?) then on thursday night when the stake pres came, without the girls knowing beforehand, we woke them up at midnight saying that the bridegroom had come, each girl was given a clay lamp and had to use their oil to light it. Then we led them with there lamps to a fireside, where the Camp Moms were dressed like women of old in Jerusalem, holding lit lamps, and lining the edge of the path. The stake president spoke. It was really spiritual, neat, and memorable, and showed the girls how important it was to be prepared with 'oil' for the second coming. We gave the girls who didn't have enough oil some oil but you can restrict that however you want. Hope that helps!
Wow, way to go! I guess that's what you say when someone gets called as camp director.
I love the spirtual nights best.
Wow. Nice picture... I remember when we took that! So, I almost hate to say it, but my best memories of camp are when we skipped out of craft time and did something else...or the camp when we got snowed in and had to stay in the cabin all week long...Definitely NOT the beaver song!
Post a Comment