They put plastic on the counter to catch some water (which didn't do much). And the water looks pretty gross because it ran through our cupboard.....
.....which cracked.
This is one of the holes where the water came out. Yes, that is a hole in the sheet rock.
The water also came from this point in the ceiling... It flooded the dining area and then started flowing out the front door. That's how someone noticed that our apartment had flooded.
We've got the nasty cottage cheese looking ceiling. Now it looks like moldy, burnt cottage cheese. Yum.
This is probably the most devastating picture. Our poor bookcase, that we just built, got wet. We'll have to repaint the whole thing. Boo.
This is our ceiling...on the floor.
This is a little hard to see, but it is the ceiling in our bathroom. It just got a little warped.
The carpet in the living room got soaked, except for about a foot in front of the couch. They pulled the carpet out and took out about half of the carpet pad.
The ceiling fell on Roger's flip-flops. Too bad.
Also, the workers blew the breaker that our fridge was hooked up to, so some of our food went bad. ...to top it all off. All in all, we feel very blessed. This could have been much worse than it is. We did get renters insurance (last month), so we will be taken care of. We do have great managers here, so I think everything will be solved quickly. We'll keep you all updated.
6 comments:
ACCKKKKKKK!!!!!
We've NEVER had renters insurance... you must've been inspired.
Well, you guys are more then welcome to crash here while things are dealt with, if you want. We have a queen sleeper downstairs. :)
If nothing else, you can come over for FHE if you'd like.
Oh shooot...it is bad! :( BOO!! I'm sorry, that really sucks...bad!!
What a nightmare! I'm SO sorry. GRRR!
that is not the most fun in the world.. but hey it will make a great, "when we were first married" story eh? eh?
Holy cow! What a mess. Hope the clean up isnt to bad.
I feel your pain. I don't know if you remember, but both apartments Brandon and I lived in while in Utah flooded. Oh the smell of dead horse!
Post a Comment