Sunday, January 25, 2009

Updates

Things are going great for us. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little guy. I am just about at 37 weeks, which means the baby is at full term and technically could arrive any day now. At our check up last week, the doctor said the baby weighs 6 lbs. 8 oz. and he looks healthy. His head is measuring at 41 weeks (that's a big noggin) and his legs are at 32 weeks (so he really is a LITTLE guy). When we asked for a picture from the ultrasound, we told the doctor to take one of some recognizable body part, since he is too big now to get a full body shot. Well, the doctor took a picture of the proof that he is still a male. He called it the shark coming out of the water. I think I'll pass on putting that picture on the blog. Overall, I feel pretty good. I think he has dropped, so I am getting a lot of pressure in my pelvis. Both Roger and I are pretty ready to have this little guy in our arms, instead of in my belly. And after two great baby showers, we are feeling a LOT more prepared to have him come.







































We recently were able to go up to L.A. for another party at F.I.D.M. We got to see the exhibit of costumes that have been nominated for an Academy Award and other costumes that were used in movies in 2008. This year featured costumes from The Spiderwick Chronicles, Prince Caspian, Doubt, The Other Bolyn Girl, Indiana Jones, and many others. Our favorites were the costumes from The Dark Night. And we also got a picture of the costumes from Speed Racer, for Jeff.





























We had a great time at what was probably our last outing for at least a few months. Hopefully the next big news we will be sharing will be about the birth of our son! So stay posted! He's bound to be absolutely adorable!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOA babe! You look ready! I'm so excited for you! WOW! How fun.

Sorry I missed your shower, that was the day I left. SO SAD!

austinmcraig said...

That baby will show up last week, from the looks of it. KEEP US POSTED!